This Privacy Statement explains how the Service Delivery Office (SDO) within the Department of Finance (the Department) will handle your personal information.
The SDO is a shared service hub for Australia Government departments and provides a range of transactional and technical services. The services provided by the SDO include:
- payroll and payroll system administration
- financial services for accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card management and travel and reporting activities.
What information do we collect?
The SDO collects personal and sensitive information to undertake our functions for the Department and other Australian Government agencies as a shared service provider, including:
(i) identifying information such as name, date of birth and gender
(ii) contact information such as postal or other address, phone number, email address
(iii) financial information such as your bank account details, details about your financial situation, superannuation fund details and information and your tax file number*
(iv) information about current and previous employment, performance and conduct information, workers compensation claims and qualifications
(v) general information that assists us to provide services such as travel preferences, work related expenses, personnel records, citizenship details, immigration status, next of kin, driver's license details and passport information, child support information
(vi) sensitive information, including health information, criminal records and information about racial or ethnic origin.
*We will collect your tax file number for the purpose of managing your pay. You are not required to provide it, but if you do not, it will change the way we withhold tax for you and report to the ATO.
How do we collect personal information
We generally collect information about you from you or your employer where it relates to your employment electronically submitted through our online SDO portal, email or via post. We will collect information about you from third parties such as previous employers, referee's you nominate, your superannuation fund, Services Australia, the Australian Taxation Office, Comcare and Salary Packaging providers.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use information we collect about you to undertake the following functions and activities on behalf of the Department and other Australian Government agencies:
- manage payroll and administration functions • purchasing and contract functions for acquiring goods and services
- managing travel and related activities such as travel approvals, requests, itineraries and travel agency transactions
- providing learning materials to assist you to use self-service SDO resources and tools.
Who do we generally disclose personal information to?
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- your prospective or current employer where it relates to your employment
- travel agents and other service providers in relation to facilitating work related travel required by you or your employer
- we disclose employee personal information to your superannuation fund, Services Australia, the Australian Taxation Office, Comcare and Salary Packaging providers where appropriate.
How to request access to or correction of information we hold about you, or make a complaint